A Quick calibration update will make your ‘Vette a second faster around General Motors’ Milford Road Course.
New performance suspension calibrations offered by Chevrolet Performance enhance ride quality and handling on C7 Corvette models equipped with Magnetic Ride Control.
Announced today at the SEMA Show, the calibrations include new Track modes that enable faster lap times on Z06 FE6 and FE7 models. The roster of new calibrations includes:
- 2014-16 Stingray with Z51 features new calibrations in Tour and Sport modes.
- 2016 Stingray (non-Z51) features new calibrations in Tour, Sport and Track modes.
- 2015-16 Z06 (non-Z07) features new calibrations in Tour, Sport and Track modes.
- 2015-16 Z06 with Z07 Performance Package features new calibrations in Tour, Sport and Track modes.
- Calibrations for additional applications will be announced later.
“These new calibrations leverage the latest tuning strategies of the Corvette development team to offer increased performance, while improving ride quality,” said Jim Campbell, GM U.S. vice president of Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “The result is a greater feeling of balance and more linear responses to driver inputs — changes you’ll feel and appreciate immediately.”
During testing with a 2016 Z06, the new calibrations enabled more than a 1-second improvement in lap times around General Motors’ 2.9-mile Milford Road Course.
The new Magnetic Ride calibrations are available through Chevrolet dealers for $350 and require no hardware changes. The new calibration is simply uploaded to the vehicle and the factory warranty is not affected.